It’s not as difficult (or costly) as you might think
You’ve had a radon test for your home or other building and the radon reading is high. Now what? Should you be alarmed? Should you ignore the problem? Neither. You certainly should not ignore the problem because radon, which is a radioactive gas you can’t see, smell, or taste, causes lung cancer. The Surgeon General says radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. (Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths.) The EPA estimates radon causes 14,000 deaths each year in the U.S.
But you shouldn’t be alarmed, either, unless your radon reading is excessively high.
200 Pci/L or higher
(1.0 WL or higher)
Retest to confirm findings. Take immediate action to reduce radon levels. Temporary relocation may be necessary.
Radon exposures in this range are considered greatly above average. Retest to confirm findings, then fix your radon problem as soon as possible.
Retest to confirm findings. Use the average measurement. This range is still above normal for homes. Take action within a few years to reduce radon levels-sooner if levels are at the upper end of this range.
Look into fixing your home’s radon problem, although the EPA considers this range relatively safe.
Although radon exposures in this range does present a small lung cancer risk, reducing them further is difficult. Retest every few years to ensure conditions haven’t changed.
The average indoor radon level across the U.S. is estimated to be about 1.3 pCi/L, and about .4 pCi/L of radon is normally found in the outside air. Congress has set a long-term goal that indoor radon levels be no more than outdoor levels. While this goal isn’t achievable in all cases, most building radon levels can be reduced to 2 pCi/L or less.Type your paragraph here.
CALL TERRY TODAY 207-249-9108 FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT!
RICK CURTIS CONTRACTOR